Day 12 Sep 21, 2016
Don’t laugh when you see Beef Chow Fun (乾炒牛河)1 in a China 3 stars hotel restaurant translate to Fuck To Fry The Cow River. No one speaks English in that hotel, so they hired a printing company to translate their menu. They did not know the printing company they hired do not speak English as well, so the hotel received a menu was translate base on word-to-word.
Hong Kong has their own style Milk Tea which is one of the best in the world right now. When I was in Australia back in few years time. Friend of mine who was worked in one of the Taiwan Bubble Tea shop. She told me how they make their Bubble Tea. I am a Taiwan born kid, so I can catch up the recipe easily and make it better to develop my own Golden Ratio of Milk Tea. Here are the recipes I want to share with you.
Kenny’s Milk Tea Recipe:
Ingredients (Serves 4 people)
– cook 1L of water to boil and put 2-3 black tea bags (depends on the quality)
– stir til the color turns to dark brown and take the tea bags out
– don’t cook too long or will too bitter!
– 3 large tbsp of brown sugar and coffee mate, scale 1:1 mix with the hot tea
*coffee mate is the magic to make your Milk Tea rich
Kenny’s Black Tea Recipe:
– put 3 large tbsp of brown sugar and 3 black tea bags (depends on the quality)
– put 1L of hot water in a jug and stir til the color turns to dark brown
– leave the tea bags in the jug and do not stir anymore (cool down process)
– no need to put in fridge when is winter
This photo was taken at Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong.